Thermal Storage Heating
Save per KwH and Bank Energy Dollars
Creating one of the most comfortable and economical heating systems available, our Earth Thermal Storage Electric Radiant Heating System is an under-concrete slab (sometimes called “under-floor”, “in-ground” and “ground storage”) heating system installed in soil or sand under a concrete slab building foundation.
The result is that the ground underneath becomes an efficient, large mass of stored thermal energy. It’s the same principle as the earth’s core.
The system is charged (energized) when less expensive off-peak electric rates are in effect or to shift peak demand to quieter periods. The stored energy is only released when the area above it becomes cool. Otherwise the radiant heat remains where it is so there is no wasted energy.
How we differ from an in-concrete heating system on a 20,000 sq.ft building?
- A ThermaRay Thermal Storage system costs on average $3.50 sq. ft vs $6.50 sq. ft for an in-concrete heating system.
- Elimination of insulation under the slab at $2.00/sq.ft cost for insulation.
TOTAL SAVINGS: $100,000
Technology + Off-Peak Electrical Rates =
Tremendous Energy Savings
Earth Thermal Storage is perfect for basements, slab-on-grade construction, solariums, industrial buildings, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, aircraft maintenance hangars, malls and car and truck facilities.
Installation is fast and easy, providing warmth with no hot spots or drafts. The system is clean, creating no smoke or soot. And it doesn’t take up valuable floor space.
Ray Stoodley, Lead Electrical Engineer for Bay Newplan Group Ltd., Newfoundland, Canada worked on Melville Hospital’s Earth Thermal Storage installation.
Thermal Storage System Benefits
- 100% energy efficient
- Quiet, safe and clean
- Maintenance free and easy to install
- Aesthetically pleasing design – system is completely concealed
- Room temperature can be verified from anywhere in the building
- Superior heating comfort – gentle even temperature from floor to ceiling
- Rooms can be programmed so that you minimize operating costs while maximizing comfort
- Use of off-peak electrical rates results in huge cost savings
- Can be installed in hazardous areas
- Custom sizes available
Cost comparison of Convection/Hydronic Heating versus Thermal Storage
|104,753 Square Foot Warehouse Minnesota||Convection/Hydronic||Electric Radiant|
|Capital (Product) Costs||$523,765||$235,694|
|Price per square foot||~ $5 per square foot||~ $2.25 per square foot|
|Installation Costs/Time||$209,506 |
2,000 Man Hours
200 Man Hours
4 Work days
|Replacement Costs||~ 10 Years||None|
How It Works
- Earth Storage Panels are placed throughout the area.
- Sensors maintain even consistent temperature.
- Controls are simple and flexible.
- Earth stores heat generated during off peak hours.
- Concrete slab.