As an architect, you have many people you are trying to please.
- Owner: of course the project owner wants you to deliver everything and more on time and under budget
- Engineer: your engineer most likely just wants everything to work and wants to avoid any risks
- Contractor: hopefully your contractor is interested in getting your project built right the first time
- Government: rules, regulations and paperwork. Simply dot every “I” and cross every “T.” Twice.
- Occupant: the standard is perfection, nothing more, nothing less … and beauty … through their eyes.
- Boss: whether you work for a firm or work for yourself, there are standards of professional reputation that you must meet and exceed
- Yourself: you have your own standards, which are likely extremely high. You are always looking to deliver a design that makes people say “Wow!”
What’s in the way?
Sometimes, all of the people above get in the way … then the most demanding boss of all shows up – TIME!
Everyone wants to have it their way … and they want it now! Who do they think you are, Burger King?
So, let’s get at least one person on the same sheet of music with you – your Engineer. You’ll both want to understand how radiant heat works and why comfort matters.
Why Some Engineers Hate Radiant Heating
We’re all creatures of habit. We have too much to do and too little time to do it.
The last thing many of us want to do is spend time exploring new solutions.
Why do we need to do that? What we have works and has worked for a hundred years! Why would we change?
Quite simply, change is essential.
There is increasing pressure from owners to:
- deliver on time and under budget …
- increasing pressure from the contractor to do it right the first time and avoid rework …
- increasing pressure from the government to deliver buildings meeting ever-increasing environmental standards …
- increasing pressure from occupants demanding perfection …
- increasing pressure from “bosses” to enhance your professional reputation …
- increasing pressure from yourself to do things once and not have to waste time re-doing your plans.
It’s almost you and your Engineer against the rest of the world. Don’t you want at least you two to be on the same team?
If you want to get on the same page with your Engineer on the heating solution for your next project, share this with your Engineer today!
My relationship with my Engineer had become a competition. I win, he loses. He wins, I lose. We both finally decided we had enough and were going to start creating win-win situations.
“ThermaRay’s Electric Radiant Heating Systems provided us with the opportunity to work together and deliver a better heating system and building for our clients.”
Will a Radiant Heating System Work for Your Project?
Let’s find out together – you can even bring your Engineer!
We’re here to answer your questions, analyze your current heating system design and recommend the right heating solution for your project.
Call us at 866.457.4600 or simply click on the link below to submit your inquiry!